11.01.2014

Lone Rock Point

I have always been a huge fan of art that has looked to nature for resource and material. The biggest inspiration being Andy Goldsworthy. His art is wonderful reinterpretations of nature through order, color, and shape. I find great comfort in viewing his pieces and I also attempt to look at the world as he may also see it.

I was traveling about a personally newly discovered bit of nature with a family member. The geological makeup of this place, Lone Rock Point, is very rare and as it shows a great and very distinct divide in rock matter. Notice the dark hued rock below and the brownish rock above. 


As we wandered along the shoreline of Lake Champlain we would notice certain areas where brownish, pinkish rock had fallen and shattered on top of the black slate beach. It was a great burst of hue in random spots and we both quickly jumped into a spontaneous art piece. We reordered the various rocks into an end piece that was rendered through shape and color. Click on the image for a larger view.



My art has traveled down a path of reordering material in many types of ways which sometimes pulls meaning, but always attempts to be pleasurable in viewing. I look forward to my first art show opening this coming week. I will be posting the pieces in the show soon or come on by to the opening to see them in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment