3.03.2014

Culture Control


Pen, Marker, Colored Pencil

I took on another piece that has similar style with an organized approach to a very recent piece I finished named A Map of the Mind. Although the subject is quite different, I have again slowed down my undertaking of material to creating a piece by thorough planning. I chose a wide selection of symbols that most people can identify and have their own connections whether positive or negative. Some of these maybe very apparent and others maybe very subtle and take multiple glances to find. This piece is not meant to be either positive or negative, but moreover to portray my take on the current culture we live in.

I also wanted to build this piece symmetrical to some degree, although in its entirety it is not. This is to reflect how we see and feel our culture appearing balanced, but in many ways it will never be so.



I do greatly enjoy these frozen moments that do not exist anywhere, but in the thoughts that come together as they network themselves. I plan to explore this style further and hope in time I am able to create more depth and intricacies. Subject matter maybe evolving as various symbols and ideas come to light in groups or independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment