11.12.2013

Winter's Haven

In the winter of 2012-2013 I was stationed in a very remote location with very limited supplies for seven months. I was surrounded by wilderness and monumental heights of snow. Although most of my time was spent working, I was able to cross country ski a great deal, practice yoga, and create many art pieces. Most of the work started as studies of various materials, but as I moved through the process of execution I began to develop the them into finished work. The following is the collection of work I did while hunkered down atop the Yellowstone caldera for that time period in chronological order. Many of these pieces have found themselves onto the walls of people's homes that have helped us on our return trip back east.

(click on the image for a larger view)




Study of Flight.     collage





Neon Pick.     collage




Untitled.     collage, watercolor, pen




Wolf Moon.     collage




Nature's Music is Calling.     collage




Alley.     watercolor, pen




Season's Colors.     acrylic




"There's a lot of stars out there tonight, Terrace".     pen, watercolor, collage




First World, Third World.     collage




Blustery.     watercolor




Push.     acrylic




Personal Cosmos.     acrylic




Untitled.     watercolor, pen



No comments:

Post a Comment