10.21.2012

Boxed Hose

A second piece from creative ingenuity in the uprooted nature of my journey. Being mobile has its restrictions in many different ways and not having a focal art studio is one of them. I am learning to allow the studio to become everything that is around me, freeing myself from returning to a specific location with inspiration. I am allowing the inspiration to transpire anywhere and come to light in a place that sees fit. These travels have allowed for a vast art playground instead of a concrete art studio.

I did not feel as though I wanted another piece to be morphed by the materials I found. This time around I wanted a loose idea to be achieved with what materials that I more or less searched for. The summer was spent (like most of America) in a dry, dry realm. Being in Montana and witnessing the pressing concern of water usage, I shared the concern with many. In most parts of the state water is scarce already and a vast network of ditches and water redirects stitch along the fields.




This piece is to represent the confines we find ourselves with the dependency on water. The box can represent the controls of man with their reincarnations of organic water control found inside. They seem to never end and continuously weave back and forth benefiting man's endeavors only. The hose end out at the bottom of the piece represents our stale connection to nature's water needs and the amount we leave it with.



All in all this is a dismal and piece with subtle beauty. I am attempting to plainly state concern with this piece and may offer opinionated solutions found in discussion. This piece will remain on location at the farm we shared such wonderful experiences at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment